Academic Writing Executive Summary - Childhood Dream - My Mother's Maiden Name is Donalds, Mrs. Viola B. Donalds-Barnett

Date Saturday march 18th 2023 Time 8 :20PM EST

Academic Writing Executive Summary - Childhood Dream - My Mother's Maiden Name is Donalds, Mrs. Viola B. Donalds-Barnett

Interview Questions

Initiative

Why did you decide to start your own company?

I graduated from York University later than my graduating class. I worked at St. Michael’s Hospital in Toronto where I ran a Doctor on-call list for the hospital communications department, and in 1997 as the world started to implode the hospital had gone through a series of downsizing they laid off more people than I thought to try and stay ahead of it. But no matter how much they did they couldn’t be ahead of it the world was worst that I anticipated. After several series of laying people off I was tapped on the shoulder and I was released of my obligation as well. As I began my interviewing process and I treated that a full-time job because of the financial conditions there really wasn’t any financial opportunity. And after months of sort of pounding the streets and pounding my head I decided that it would be unfair for others to hire me if I wouldn’t hire myself. As a result of that I started to start my own company. And I really didn’t know what I would do but I found a few parameters to help me.

First sell funds there was no money all sorts of lines of credit and banking institutions were closing accounts banks themselves were closing down HSBC venture capital money dry up.

Second ideal it would be something that I thought about.

Third I didn’t want to take myself and my family on a twenty year discovery relatively quickly know right way if I would be successful or not. 

With those parameters I started to think about different opportunities and things that I knew about and again I knew that I traveled more than any one who I had knew. And that was the starting point, so ground transportation was the area where I felt very frustrated and I was certain that others were as well.

I also then started to take a look at the industry and it was largely past over by people with a business background and a client focus such as Uber. It tended to be run by a lot by operators who do what they do quite well. But they where maximizing and optimizing for lower cost & more volume. And I thought that the opportunity to handle a client such as myself where it’s much more about personalization less volume and higher touch was there and that’s where I started to really focus on ground transportation. Focus firmly set on innovating and developing transport technology.

Entrepreneurs will have to rely on their talents resourcefulness and adaptability. A Maverick business woman.

Competency used.

Achieves Results

Organization Awareness

Impact & Influence

Analytical Skills

Interpersonal Skills

Conceptual Skills/Strategic Agility

Influencing Skills

Information Seeking


Question:

Tell us about a time you demonstrated initiative in school.

Action Results

I acted decisively in the school with collaborated with the ombudsman person John McCamus to manage performance tips on giving those to start ups to finding vital early customers I brought a nonprofit capital campaign project in the engineering Lassonde program in recent months. We wrote to the Office of the Ombudsman person of the university John McCamus he asked by in a question on the repeating hits I received in getting the individual from this foundation nonprofit capital campaign to recognize the information authenticity article based upon our project. The ombudsman submitted it to the best technical journal in the field. I worked well with John McCamus as a school team.

Situation Problem

On my own account I worked by myself to decide on a project using the computer engineering skills I had already learnt. I decided to build a ground transportation initiative in a consulting engineering firm to work further on the sound hydraulic system design for our established client.

Competency

Achieves Results

Analytical Skills

Information gathering

Interpersonal Skills

Ethics & Integrity

Question: 

 Explain what I have learned that will help me make better decision in the future.

Describe a time when I was asked to do something at work that you did not think was appropriate. How did you respond?

Situation:

I was working for St. Michael’s Hospital Communications department in the Doctors locating and switchboard, I was finalizing the Doctors on-call schedule charting that shows the Doctor’s head count for the 15 or more particular Doctor’s area of specialty within each division. It was difficult than usual because the Doctor’s on-call schedule was in the process of changing over for the month and the 15 or more Doctor’s area of specialty within each Division was not complete. So this month restructuring transfer and termination dates change monthly and sometime daily. When I explained the situation to my manager Thelma Manos she told me to “get it correct for the hospital needs completed records”

Action:

I ask if I could take 45 minutes away from the locating desk I thought I’d be able to confirm the real numbers by then. She agreed and waited.

Results:

I produced the Doctor’s on-call schedule charting each department list of Doctor’s including residency Interns and clerks showing accurate employee headcount information minutes later. Time spent on the action is a month results to produce accuracy.


Questions:

Describe a time when I were in a situation in which I felt something I were asked to do was wrong unethical or inappropriate. How did I respond?

Situation

When I worked at  St. Michael’s Hospital as an admitting clerk there were several occasion where I had to tell another employee that I needed to get a higher authority to sign off on orders to continue restraints for an patients where another employee on the same shift would insist that that observance of hospital policy wouldn’t be necessary.

Action:

I would call my manager to ask for advice because I would not be comfortable ignoring the hospital policy. Then I decided to go ahead and call a Doctor to get the signature before on order expired.

Results:

I was able to make sure we followed hospital policy. It just made more sense.

Question:

Tell me about a time when I had to do something I didn’t necessarily agree with.

Tell me about a time when you used your skills and knowledge to help the team. What was your role? What was the outcome or results of your input?

Situation:

I worked for St. Michael’s Hospital during a time when the Communications Department was undergoing a management changes and new logistics and supply demand was changing. I worked defending locating desk switchboard desk inquiry desk admitting desk. Managers who had been changed to new logistics supply demand as a way to remain and stay current with technology and practices over past non leading edge technology by higher ups for failure to provide new defining services hospital were switching up to in early stages of hospital reshuffling. Most of the employee did not agree with the reshuffling but I knew it was my job to represent the hospital.

Action:

Despite feeling that multitasking is just another fancy word for being unfocused. They were many benefits of doing one thing at a time.

Results:

In new logistics policy where implemented and many of the Communications Department employee said they were very happy with their work and although I had done a good job my managers kept their head focus on new supply demands. Multitasking to understand the size and scope of accomplishments.

Competency

Credibility, Ethics, Integrity, Highly Ethical and Honest Trustworthy without seeming judgmental or self-righteous


Customer Services

Question:

Describe a time when I worked on a team and had to deal with some resistance from people in the department or company I was auditing. Tell us about a time when I had to deal with a difficult issue with an employee. How did you handle it? What happened?

Situation:

I was assigned to work on a new logistics team of St. Michael’s Hospital on the largest teaching hospitals in Ontario. At one of the logistics location when I asked for certain inventory records, the nurse employee told me that they were not available for the month as yet. Other information was also not available. I ensured credibility of new direction the hospital was going in.

Action:

I spoke first with the manager and told her about the lack of support I was receiving from the nurse employee. She suggested that I talk with the nurse manager at the nursing station at the beginning of the next shift. I explained to the nurse employee that my job was to collect the on-call schedule of the nurse in that work station, and I’d appreciate their help. I asked if the nursing station had any question about how the collection of copies of the on-call schedule process worked and answered a few of their questions. I went out of my way to help a client by using my analytical skills to benefit a client.

Results:

I achieved results I was able to complete the audit process and develop a good relationship with the nursing station manager and supervisors at that particular time. Because I needed to build a long-term relationship and because I needed to work with this team member again in the future then I must protect the relationship whenever possible.

Question:

Tell me about a time you Persuaded a donor to contribute to the organization even though the first answer was no.

Describe a situation in which I had to deal with a difficult client. How did I handle this situation?

Results:

I just found out on LinkedIn online social media that one of the largest foundations in boxing world is donating $500,000 or 10% of earning to the nonprofit capital campaign used numbers to explain results. I persuaded someone to do something that benefited a client.

Situation:

As a fundraiser I’ve learned to never take no as an answer until I’ve heard it at lease three times. So I’m used to having the first response be negative. Just the week of July 18th-22nd and July 25th-29th we were told no for the second time by the foundation. I exceeded customer expectations.

 Action:

I tried to talk to one of the men I know who is heading a major fundraising campaign for the nonprofit capital campaign and asked for his advice. He’s very powerful, runs a major boxing league club, and family has Tiaras also knows most of the important people in this city. I tried to make him tell me to call one of the key players on the foundation board and use him name. I had a drink with one of the foundation heads and higher-ups one time during my trip to visit my father in Jamaica in March 25th 2014two years later I felt his spirit as a reminder of our drink and talk on the beach. I could not get to ask for advice nor making the case for donating to the nonprofit capital campaign clear to him. I impacted & influenced and developed a good strategy.


Question:

Why are you interested in this position?

Situation /Action/Results

I’m interested in getting hired because I know people at York University will be impressed with me.

I’m interested in this position because this job will give me the chance to prove how good I am at performance goals objective results in a quantitative qualitative, achieve results orientated, building strong solid good long term  relationships with customers and motivating employee in the department to be even more successful. I am looking for a regular position with benefits with a company offering a good training program. I believe this position will offer these.


Why should we Hire you?

I envision myself loving this job spending more time here at York than is required. I can get lost in conversations about the work & forget about the hours passing. I listen carefully so you can exceed expectations. The work will make me feel like a better person. I want to get to know my teammates better and see them as potential friends. I have taken better control over my job search in a way I’ve never done or never been taught before until now.  



Tell me about yourself?

I recently completed a BA at York that for me focused on developing my interpersonal intrapersonal skills which has allowed me to become a strong woman it allowed me to become assertive as well as aggressive at the same time. Assertive in equally people focused strong influencing skills and protect my relationship, task-focused. Aggressive in focus on achieving goals. My aim in education is to begin evening classes for academic bridging program to complete the requirements to begin a Master of Science degree here at York University.


What Is My Current Salary? What Salary You Expect?

 I’m sure if you decide that I’m the right person for the job that you will do the very best for me that you can. I need to know much more about the job opportunity and my own situation.



What Are Your Strengths?

 Choose a success factor of competency from the ad and match your answer. Second most important area. Second competency.

My strengths are my planning and implementing skills. I am great at planning what I need to do next and then getting this task done in a timely manner. Asking to participate in a relevant project at work. Showing my commitment to my own development and learning.


What are your weaknesses?

I’m not always as concise as I think I should be. I’m aware that I need to be better about getting to the point faster, and I’m working on it. I know it is something I could improve on. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but some people think I have an accent. So they underestimate me. While they’re doing this they tell me all sort of information before they figure out I really know what I’m doing. But occasionally this can work against me. This has caused a competency gap where I am unable to prove certain competency and might not be as strong as I need to be in a critical competency area. I am trying to learn how to overcome these gaps. But somehow I have learned to handle this situation by compensated for the competency gap by using my strength in another competency area. For example I came up with a way to directly influenced and persuaded one foundation owner to change his position on an important issue and I use my strong customer services skills to satisfy a difficult customer. Another way I have learnt to handle to situation is to work with my university (YUTA) college job placement office, to do job searching and list of employers instead and started doing competence-based job searching. In the future I am trying or planning to acquire future education that will strengthen my competency in areas such as my personal appearance. This is why I would like to begin working in this position because working at this position and on different project will give me the opportunity to prove that I am competent in the relevant areas. Develop my strength in the areas need to be successful in the job, Taking about what I’m doing to close competency gaps.


Question:

Think of a time when you had many challenging projects with difficult priorities to manage. Tell us about it?

Situation:

It can be difficult for students to balance a part-time job with heavy class schedule. It takes money to have fun in college and it’s no secret that tuition and book fees costs increase every year. But with classes scattered throughout the day & evenings at night, how can I add a job. That’s why more & more college students are opting to go into starting their own business to fit their skills and limited time. Joining or starting a self-employed business where I am able to have flexible hours and build my own schedule is great. If you’re got a large network already then spreading your services through word of mouth, social media online ads flyers and a website can jump start your entrepreneurial career. My focus was primarily on Snow Blue Inc search engine optimization and promoting design on social media platform is the best way to drive traffic to my products. I did this by making sure every effort was made our Communications effectively & understand my goals. Making sure I stayed on track and completed the project on time. I also help with the design.


Question:

Tell us about a situation in which you had to take several actions over a period of time & overcome obstacles in order to achieve a business objective.

Answer:

I can give advice on taking my first steps out of graduating from York University. I developed a relationship with a client built on trust and respect. I try to work with my client using a team approach so that they can feel that I have their best interest at heart. This client has given a proposed 10% of a net value to me to manage.


 Question/ Probing

Tell me about an assignment in school or at work where you need to have strong analytical skills to de well. How did you plan & organize the work? How did you decide what information you would need?

I am prepared for the shifting workforce.

Answer: 

I recognize that the system has changed, and I want to know what I can do to be more successful on the new playing field. The workforce is changing and it’s changing fast. Every day 10,000 baby boomers turn 65. And just as quickly as they retire, millennials are entering the workforce to replace them. This year alone nearly 2 million students graduated from college. This generational shift has significant implications for any company or leader. As we look to address this it’s critical to understand the challenges and opportunities. Here are three challenges for leaders who are grappling with this momentous change.

Knowledge Transfer:

After the well wishes and few tears that come with any retirement party, the next emotion that arises is usually fear; “Decades of experience just walked out the door. Did the company do enough to past along all that institutional knowledge”? It’s a great question, and company leaders need to address it head-on. 

Take a look at St. Michael’s Hospital, which has more than 6,000 highly skilled, highly trained employees nearly half of whom are eligible to retire over the next five years. Some have worked at their job since the new wings were built 30 to 40 years ago. It’s critical we capture their knowledge. To do that, we’re taking an “all of the above” approach-job shadowing, mentoring, lunch and learn sessions and much more. What I’ve been most impressed with, though, is the partnership that’s gone into this knowledge transfer. Often, our retiring baby boomers worked with millennials to share the knowledge in new ways- like building Wikipedia file creating videos and even developing a board games to help millennial's understand how the industry works accelerating the ability to learn. The generational shift change calls for us to be disciple and creative about knowledge transfer. It’s central to the workforce strategy and continued success.

Employee engagement:

Tapping into the wisdom and passion of employee in every demographic group is always important to long term business success. This is vital during this historic workforce transition.

All employees, regardless of age, want to respected, valued and put in a position to succeed. The younger employees I interact with certainly express enthusiasm for learning and making a difference in their company and community- and want to do it now. Company leaders need to tap into this spirit, and many companies, like St. Michael’s Hospital, have put great engagement programs in place to capture millennials enthusiasm and spirit. At St. Michael’s Hospital employee resource group that gives new employee a way to get rooted in their culture, engage other employees and bring new, creative thinking to issues facing the company. More of these programs are needed. It’s often said that millennials care deeply that their work means something. They want to have a purpose that matters beyond a paycheck. That’s true at St. Michael’s Hospital where their newest employees are impatient to make a difference, and I love it.

Organizational agility:

This workforce shift is occurring at the same time as many industries, including mine, undergo a transformation of their own driven by major changes in technologies, consumer expectations and other market forces. Most millennials enter the workforce tech savvy and flexible in how they get work done. They can work in teams on a project bases, or alone. They are productive in the office, at home or on the road. And they grew up multitasking in a digital world. These trails allow them to succeed in today’s fluid, fast-paced business environment where customers want to communicate in real time through social media and smart phone apps, and have easy access to convenient personalized services. Smart companied need to be agile enough to create the kind of environment that appeals to millennials and their work expectations. That’s challenge for a business like mine that is complex, process engineering-driven and regulated- but we are embracing it. We need to design workplace and career paths that allow me to leverage their unique skills and interests. Regardless of industry or company, I must anticipate, innovate and adapt better- and faster. The ability for employees to be flexible, to work well in diverse teams in a variety of roles, is critical to our success.

Our challenge as leaders:

 Workforce transitions are difficult and often don’t go smoothly on their own. We need to pay close attention to demographic shifts, take an active hand and develop the right strategy. If we do, I see great opportunity in capturing the unique talents and enthusiasm of our changing workforce to deliver on the possibilities ahead.  

There are six major reasons it makes sense for employee to partner with employees and make more of an effort to explain their own competency-based type systems program to their employers that Teaches employee how to thrive.  Employees respond in a strong level of interest.


1.) To improve the competency level of their employee faster;

If each employee understand the competency-based system and takes responsibility for managing his or her relevant competencies (In addition to training or coaching provided by the organization), the overall competency levels within the organization will improve mush faster.

2.) To provide managers with better information about the competency of their employees

If employees advocate for themselves more effectively by providing better-written, clearer competency-based information about their accomplishments in performance reviews and develop plans, or if they are able to give more specific explanations during competency-based interviews, it will give managers the information they need to make better decisions about assignments and opportunities

3.) To enable companies to sell their services more effectively to competency-based customers.

For companies providing consulting, engineering, project management, or architectural work to competency-based organizations, it just makes sense for the proposed project team to develop competency-based resumes to include in the proposal package targeting the competencies the decision-makers are measured against. When the competency-based customers ask t interview the project team, the interviewees will be more successful if they are prepared for competency-based interviews. (Of course, improving the way you present your employees cannot overcome an extremely high bid for the contract, but it can make a difference in other cases.)

4.) To empower employee and improve morale.

If employee understands what they can do to actively manage their careers in competency-based systems, they are much more likely to buy into the system and be committed to making it work.

5.) To support diversity efforts.

By making more of an effort to train employee about competencies in their organizations, employers are demystifying what it takes to get ahead. On a practical level, they are helping to clarify the rules for everyone, without regard to race, sex, age, national origin, or disability status. More employees have a chance to be successful, and wider variety of employee will actually be successful.

6.) To improve the quality of employee development and succession planning

If managers have better access to good information about the competencies of the candidates for promotions, they can do a better job with succession planning and assigning projects to help prepare candidates for more challenging roles. Learning to communicate more effectively about your competencies to managers simply helps the key decision-makers make better decision about your future opportunities.   

Competency:

Event Organizer

Exceptional Communications Skills

Organizational Skills

Grasp Fundamentals of Business

Marketing Skills

Finance Skills

Photoshop



What is you Communication Style?

Answer: 

Nonverbal Communications, e-mailing or texting. Speaking in meetings, listening interviews, 

• WHAT Nonverbal communications is important in any interview?

• Maintaining good eyes contact

• Good at reading people

• Good at understanding subtleties and using them to convince others.

• Dressing appropriately and conservatively

• Using the right gestures

• Having a firm handshake

• Behaving appropriately 

• Smiling at appropriate times

• Respecting personal space

• Responding to the interviewer’s nonverbal communications

• Avoiding giving mixed messages

• Talking with the interviewer in an organized logical, yet conversational way, paying attention to voice and diction.

Probing Questions on Communications style. Entrepreneur Media.

How does culture affect Nonverbal Communication in an interview/

Like all great Communicators I keep it simple, helping convey useful messages with clarity.

Expectations and styles vary according to the country/culture of the organization, and sometimes that of the interviewer, as well. I expect different nonverbal communications styles and conventions when interviewing across cultures, and I am more sensitive to the expectations of my interviewer. 


6 ways to maximize Your Introverted Employee Strengths.

Just like Extroverts, Introverts are the backbone of successful companies. While you won’t see them glad-handing with investors or clamoring for recognition on a well executed project, I will drive your business’s  success just as much as outwardly ambitious extroverts do.

Whether you run a small business or a large enterprise, chances are you’ve got at least a few Introverts on your team. Research shows that up to 50 percent of population may ne Introverted- though people sometimes force themselves to act like extroverts in environment that favor outgoing personalities. 

Introverts possess keen contemplative and analytical qualities that make them especially valuable team members. They often choose careers in Computer Programming, software development, consulting or psychology- all of which require quiet, reflective atmospheres and the ability to think through complex problems.

Whatever your industry, at least a handful of your employee are Introverts, and it’s in your company’s best interest to play to their strengths, not overlook them.

Managers often associate introverts with downsides of their reflective personalities, including a tendency to dwell on problems to the point of inaction. But set up the right working environment, and your introverted employee will become some of your company’s greatest assets.

Use these strategies as a starting point for creating an Introvert friendly culture at your company.

1.) Avoid unnecessary surprises

Introverts don’t like being called into last-minute meeting or thrown on a team mid-project; they thrive when they have adequate time to research and prepare. Schedule meetings and presentations as far in advance as possible, or invite Introverted team members to give scheduling input. By putting the ball in their court, you ensure that they’ll be confident and focused when it’s time to deliver.

2.) Give Employee Face Time

People often typecast Introverts as shy and hesitant to share their feeling. But Introverts are no less reluctant to voice their options than Extroverts; they just prefer to do it in a more private setting.

For that reason Ben Horowitz Co-founder of venture Capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, holds One-on-One meetings with employees. This format encourages employee to set the agenda, and it creates an environment in which Introverts feel comfortable sharing their ideas and concerns.


3.) Build writing time into meetings.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos gives his executives 30 minutes to carefully read over the agenda and write down notes or comments before a meeting begins. This strategy gives everyone a chance to formulate idea, but it especially benefits Introverts. Introverted employees Communicate most effectively when they’ve had time to think through their contributions. Allot at least 10 minutes for writing time at your next meeting and take notes of how it affects the quality of the conversation.

4.) Respect your employee’s space.

Introverts perform best when they work on their own terms. Once you’ve set a deadline, trust your employees to get the work done. Aggressively demanding that they show you their research or respond to project questions on the spot is frustrating for everyone involved. Instead, schedule check-ins at different intervals throughout the project so you and your employee can prepare appropriately.

5.) Cater to their tastes.

If you’re meeting with an Introverted employee outside the office, opt for a venue with a subdued atmosphere. When planning team activities, include event that appeal to Introverted employees. Don’t get me wrong: Introverts enjoy socializing just not at noisy happy hours or high energy retreats days. By taking their preferences into account, you show that you value their happiness and want them to feel as much a part of the team as extroverts.

6.) Challenge Introverts with detail-oriented problems

Studies show that Introverts excel at problem solving and strategizing, so delegate detailed, analysis-heavy assignments to your Introverted team members. Given a clear time frame and autonomy, Introverts will deliver top-notch Results for even the toughest problems.

Above all, talk with your Introverted employees. Find out how they prefer to work, and incorporate their ideas into your operations. Companies function best when their employees feel comfortable and motivated in their environments. By taking Introverts’ unique strengths into account, you’ll benefit from their sharp well-reasoned ideas and methods. 

Introverts at Work: Why You Withdraw and One Way to Cope.

“That’s not what I meant”

If you you’ve ever had that thought in the workplace, you’ve likely considered tow choices: To clarify the situation or hold your tongue. Those who hold their tongues often do so out of habit to protect themselves, a pattern that develops when work culture leads leads drive staffers to feel belitted, embarrassed or devalued. In an instant, a smart, accomplished person even an outspoken person can suddenly find themselves withdrawn. Without meaning to even knowing about it, a company loses the voice of the valued member.

Preventing such situation’s isn’t easy. They’re formed by companies’ unique cultures. But understanding what drives these patterns can help you better foster the kind of Communication that leads to co-creation and innovation.

Withdrawal can be a reaction to a number of universal fears: Begin Excluded, Being Rejected, Being Judged or feeling stupid, Not acting fast enough. Feared implications form hidden and imagined threats that elevate cortisol levels and weaken our immune systems. When we live in fear, we withdraw. We avoid risks, hold our tongue and even bully and intimidate.

In this environment, there can be no innovation. People turn away rather than towards others for help and can’t move into co-creative conversations. The need to belong becomes so powerful that we often give up our options and beliefs in order to fit in.

To change these patterns fear must be replaced by trust. When we’re comfortable, our heartbeat becomes more coherent, sending signals to the brain to relax, open up, and share. That sharing is the only way to close the Competency Gap between what we’re thinking and what others are thinking about what’s real, not to mention what’s smart right, and fair.

To foster sharing, it’s important to foster connections with others and remind one another that we’re more alike than we think. To do just that, try to find five things in common with co-workers, people you disagree with or even people you’re meeting for the first time. You can do this formally, in a small group to ‘break the ice,’ or on your own, when your courage to connect is low. Go beyond the obvious – things people can see, such as hair color or eye color. But instead look for answers for something beyond the surface, likes and dislikes you both might share.

Once you’ve found those five things, ask yourself: Do you feel warm towards this person or cold? Warmth means you’ve activated oxytocin- the bonding neurotransmitter in your brain, which makes it easy for even Introverts to engage without fear.

Think also about the kinds of questions you’ve asked that generate that level of connectivity open ended discovery questions? Open ended questions activate the part of the brain that has insight, empathy, trust, and co-creation. These questions make it easier to feel friendship, as open up and ‘share and discover’ more with them.

Lastly, consider the quality of your interactions during this exercise. Would you spend more time with this person or people in the future? Good conversations ones where we share and discover make us feel safe. The brain maps these talks and also maps it to people- so we look forward to seeing them again and sharing and discovering more. Consider that as you approach situations at work and find ways to draw more people into conversations, especially if you are the one that needs to be drawn in when staff trust each other enough to share ideas freely, they are poised to build something new and innovate

 To clarify our meaning, the word “Introvert” has been replaced with its dictionary meaning “withdrawn” to avoid confusion the psychological type defined by Carl Jung and popularized to mean “one who prefers to direct his or her energies to their inner world” 

Introverts; Four ways to be Yourself and Be a Charismatic Leader

Shy, Retiring, socially inept- these are some of the stereotypes that plague Introverts

If you are looking to promote someone in your office, don’t let a reserved demeanor take someone out of the running. And if you are a card carrying Introverted who has a time t

Limit for big parties or is drained by all day conferences, you are still entirely capable of being a charismatic leaders.

“Introverts need to do two things to become charismatic: Make People feel liked and Show them your power,” says Carries Keating a Professor of Psychology at Colgate University. “Charisma is just that balance between inviting us in close and letting us feel your power by standing apart. Many Introverts are halfway there.”

Keating notes that a great way for Introverts to get out of their own heads and work on being more expressive or comfortable in crowds is to look into acting classes or improve groups.

“You may be surprised by what you can do” she says “Remember: the stereotypes of the Introverts is stuck in your mind, too. It’s fun to wreak it!”

But she says not to discount the effectiveness of quiet confidence and the qualities that Introverts bring to the table, such as empathy and independent thinking

“Be straightforward about your Introversion, you are an Introvert for a reason,” Keating says. “Diversity is good. Remember that. Many minds and diversity among them make for creativity.”

Read on for lessons on how to hone the charisma you already possess and translate it into super manager status.

1.) Double Down on your strengths as a listener and strategic thinker.

When Introverted people are in the running for a promotion to management, how can they stand out from the crowd and show that they are the right person? For One, Introverts aren’t generally hampered by a need for self-promotion, so they can focus on helping their teams and reaching the goals of the company. Plus, that reserved demeanor can help you be cool in a crisis, which can help the employees you are supervising at ease. Lou Solomon, a leadership coach, and the CEO and founder of Interact, a firm dedicated to helping people Communicate better, says that isn’t in an Introverts best interest to simply check off boxes of what they think a manager should be or what they think their boss wants. Instead, think about your personal leadership narrative.

“It’s so rare for someone to say, ‘Here’s the ‘why’ behind what I do.’ As reflective people Introverts are inclined to understand what they are brining to the position,” Solomon says

Beth Buelow, author of The Introvert Entrepreneur: Amplify Your Strengths and Create Success on Your Own Terms and professional coach known as the “Introvert Entrepreneur,” says that when aiming for promotions, It’s important to clearly articulate and connect your skills to how they help you meet the demands of the job. Don’t shy away from doing this for fear that you will appear arrogant.

“Saying ‘I’ m a good listener’ doesn’t really have much power.” She explains. Instead say something like this: “’Since I tend to listen more than I talk, I’ve found that my colleagues have more space to express themselves and their ideas, as well as their concerns. As a result, our team has been able to finish projects ahead of schedule.”’ Introverts can also highlight how being inherently meditative can lead to thinking more deeply about a problem and offer solutions, says Lisa Petrilli, author of The Introvert’s Guide to Success in Business and Leadership and chief marketing officer for The Thread. Life, a spirituality driven online business hub. “Introverts thrive in world of complex ideas,” she says. “We are exceptional strategic thinkers and listeners and bring great insight to our work. All of these characteristics make us inspirational leaders and inspiration is at the core of charisma’

2.) Plan your meetings around your ability to thrive in small groups.

A great way for an Introverted manager to stay true to their nature and while building a rapport with their team is to embrace their tendency to socially thrive in lower key groups situations. 

“ Schedule regular meeting with employees One-on-One to get their input and discuss ideas and direction, Petrilli says. ‘As a manager, you’ll be put into networking a position more often: Go with a mindset to help others, which will make you more successful and will decrease the stress of being outside your comfort zone.’

Susan Cain, author of Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking broke down the reason for why Introverts perform better in smaller groups in her 2012 TEDTALK.

“Extroverts really crave large amounts of stimulation, whereas Introverts feel at their most alive and their most switched on and their most capable when they’re in quieter, more low key environments- a lot of the time. So the key to maximizing out talents is for us to put ourselves in the zone of stimulations that is right for us.”

During her address, Cain also cited research by Adam grant, a professor of management and psychology at University of Pennsylvania’s Whaton School, who found that when comparing Introverted and Extroverted leaders, the Introverts were more likely to encourage their employee to “run with their ideas, whereas an Extrovert can quite unwittingly, get so excited about things that they’re putting their own stamp on things, and other people’s ideas might not as easily then bubble up to the surface.”

3.) TAKE THE TIME TO RECHARGE

Introverts often have to recharge by spending time alone. So what strategy can Introverted managers employ if they are overseeing a high stress situation?

Solomon says that it is important to figure out what time of day is the most restorative for you. Whether it early morning, late in the day, or at 2:15 in the afternoon, make that time for yourself a part of your regular routine and incorporate it into your work schedule. And who knows? It could also help develop a culture where your fellow Introverts and even the office Extroverts feel comfortable to follow suit. You may want to think about setting up a quit room in the office.

“don’t respond to emails or voice messages during non-business hours. Take your vacation days, and put your phone on ‘do not disturb’ for an hour or two each day.” Buelow says. “This might have a side effect of creating a culture that gives your colleagues permission to do the same. the goal is to create a more respectful, efficient and effective work environment, where everyone feels like their individual strengths and needs are considered.”

If you’re particularly slammed one week and your schedule gets a bit upended, don’t panic. Petrilli recommends taking mini-breaks, such as a 10-minute walk around the block or office or simply shutting the door for a few minutes and listening to some music. “You will be a better representative of your company, and yourself, if you do this,” she says 

4.) Drill down on your unique brand of charisma.

It’s important to understand that Introverts don’t have to pretend to be or learn how to Extroverts in order to have charisma. Introverts have a talent to genuinely connect.

“People assign a certain amount of charisma to individual who hold a space in which they can fully express (themselves) Solomon says. “Introverts can grow that strengths be developing the ability to draw people out and make genuine connections through the art of the open ended questions.”

Petrilli noted that one of the biggest misconceptions about Introverts is that they aren’t as socially attuned as their more Extroverted peers, but that isn’t the case Extroverts can be just as socially awkward as the Introvert.

“The reality is that most Introverts are actually quite charming, inspirational and charismatic and are perceived this way, because they have a foundation of authenticity that comes from being very thoughtful and purposeful in their leadership style,” she says

Confidence in who you are is key, Buelow says. While Introverts can tend to be guared and form connections with others at a slower pace, that’s OK. You don’t need to wear your heart on your sleeve to be effective.

By simple being generous with your time and expertise while you get to know employee will help build more personal rapport down the line.

Ultimately, the best advice is to simply own your Introversion.

“Don’t apologized for it or defend it,” Buelow says. “Name it and claim it! This gives others permission to do the same. People who are unapologetic about who they are are more interesting to be around.”

 

Probing Question on Strategy for SME’s Strategy Management and Environment

Tell me about your strategy for this Ground Transportation. Customer Services in an Online Environment

Situation:

When people set up something that is designed to be an online company with no physical presence they often ignore their customer services strategy however, this can be costly mistake and does nothing to set you apart from your competition. The attraction of selling goods and services online with no physical premises is obvious. You have low overheads, you no not have to worry about having physical members of staff on hand and you can also run the business it if works well whist you are asleep. Automating your system can be an extremely attractive way to do business but the danger is that your customer become reduced to numbers or order references. When everything is working well and the product or services functions correctly and is delivered in a timely manner then the need to serve your customers does get reduced to order processing. But what happened when things go wrong? The law of average dictates that however good your product or services is and however efficient your systems may be at some point there will be a failure. Can you risk being the company that disappears off the radar when things go belly up? The reason for not having a human presence are both understandable and numerous. One such reason may be that you simply don’t have the staff to man phones, another reason may be that you work from home (as is often the case) and do not want your customers to hear the dog barking in the background or the baby crying in the next room. There are a number of low cost, innovative ways to deal with this challenge. One way is to build in an instant messenger services on your website where customers can get hold of you and you can call them back at a convenient time (when the dog is eating and the baby is asleep)

Another way of dealing with this is to invest in call answering services. There are hundreds in the marketplace who will give you a designated phone number and call answering services for around $70 a month for around 70 calls. Hopefully your product or services will be so good that you need nothing more than their minimum package. These receptionists can be trained in your product and can answer simple run of the mill questions and also take messages. If you haven’t already got one it would be a great idea to invest some time in creating an FAQ section on your website to answer the most commonly asked questions. Make this a working document and add to it all the time as new things become apparent.

Finally you could look at making use of Twitter as a means for your customers to contact you. This is commonplace in the Canada nowadays and many SME’s are taking advantage of this low cost method to get close contact with their customers. We all understand the undoubted attraction of hiding behind an online store and your system, but do not be the company that goes missing when something goes wrong. Treat every inbound call or message as an opportunity to talk to and engage in a dialogue with your customers. Remember no one knows your business like you do and you may end up selling additional products and services to each new call.

Question:

Customer Experience Strategy Responding to Complaints:

Customer experience strategy responding to complaints

It’s possible that in the course of your business dealings you may (JUST MAY) have to deal with a compliant from a customer or client.

There are two ways you can go about this:

1.) You can stand up for your rights (and lose the customer and any possible referrals)

2.) You can keep your temper and keep you customers

Replies to Complaints

Most businesses these days have (or should have) as their policy that the customer is always right. It’s far better business sense to replace a couple of items which don’t need replacing and reap the reward of customer satisfaction and possible referrals than to insist on your rights and loss unknown numbers of customers and referrals. So, the aim of your response to an irate customer is to find out what he/she wants and to give it to them. Even if the request appears to be entirely unreasonable, what you earn in Brownie Points, often makes up for what you lose in replacing the item (unless of course it’s a Maserati  of the like)

How To Respond

1.) Express regret, sincerely. Don’t say, “We can’t understand how this happened,” because this implies that the customer is careless or stupid, since no-one else has this trouble.

2.) Explain how the trouble occurred. Your customer is entitles to know what went wrong (this also reflects well on your business, since it shows that you’ve takes the complaint seriously enough to investigate it thoroughly, and we all like to be taken seriously)

3.) Tell the customer what you are going to go to rectify the situation. The best thing to do is exactly what the customer said he wanted. If this is totally impossible suggest a viable alternative.

Sometimes the customer will be a fault, by forgetting to include a correct address or leaving out the cheque etc.

Again, don’t write anything that might make the customer feel silly.

Not “…you failed to enclose your cheque..”

But “Your goods are packed and ready for dispatch. Immediately on receipt of your cheque, which apparently was overlooked in your  original letter, we shall send them as requested.”

Sometimes, it’s just not possible to give the customer what he wants, and in this case you must exercise extreme (Tact in wording of your letter.)

The best way of refusing is as follows:

1.) Begin with the refusal. I know it’s painful, but it’s far better to let your customer know how things stand from the very beginning.

2.) Explain, in detail, why the request had to be refused. This way, you have the rest of your letter to try to set things right with your customer, and hopefully to end on a positive note (rather than hitting him with the refusal at the end)

Note:

• The expression of regret should sound sincere. “I am sorry..” sounds better than the colder, “I regret to inform you”.

• Point out all the reason for refusing the request.

• Soften the blow by offering some small consideration. It might be a discount on the purchase; a voucher for a smaller item ( a scarf, tie etc): a complimentary gizmo from another business (with whom you have a reciprocal arrangement); flowers; tickets to a film or whatever.

Such sweeteners are worth much more than their cost. Instead of disgruntled customer, blackening your name, you’ll have a happy person, willing to tell everyone her story’s happy ending. Listeners will see your side and will say things like ‘..well, they didn’t have to do anything really, but wasn’t in nice of them?



Questions To Ask Interviewer:

1.) When you think about the other people you’ve seen working in this position, would you tell me about the employee that you think has been the most successful? What did he or she do in the first year (or six months) to help him/her be so successful? 

(Note) Pay close attention to the interviewer’s answer. It can give you very good information about what the manager is looking for in a good employee.



2.) CLARIFY JOB DUTIES AND WORK ENVIRONMENT?




3.) DESCRIBE DUTIES THAT MIGHT LIVE UP MORE OF THE EXPECTATIONS FOR THIS POSITION?



4.) What are your goals for the department? Tell me about them and why they are important to the organization? 




5.) How soon can I research specific goals before I could ask for a raise or promotion after I have set milestones and mechanics on the way so that my managers know that they will need to know I have reach specific goals before I could ask for a raise or promotion. 




6.) How Have you apportioned the work within the department?





7.) When you were talking a little earlier, you mentioned---------------------(bring up something the interviewer told you about the company): Can you tell me more about that?






8.) What coaching and leadership developmental activities does this position offer to change and build the level of competency and Interpersonal Understanding?





9.) What the next steps are?



10.) How much time they’ll need before getting back to me?




11.) Will learn to write competency-based accomplishment statements to use in employee development plans, performance appraisals, and other situations?



12.) Do you have a set up and use a system to track employee competencies?


13.) Does your system develop your critical competencies to a higher level?



14.) Will this system develop competencies I’ll need for future positions? 



15.) Can I promote my career by making sure my managers know my competencies?



16.) Can I give my manager a current list of my accomplishments in each key competency area before my performance appraisal?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Agent

TIME SQUARE TO NEGRIL SQUARE - STAUTE OF THOMAS J. PRICES' GROUNDED IN THE STARS ON DISPLAY UNTIL JUNE 17 AFTER THAT TRAVEL TO JAMAICA.

Academic Writing Executive Summary - Childhood Dream - My Mother's Maiden Name is Donalds, Mrs. Viola B. Donalds-Barnett